8 Days 7 Nights
A Himalayan wonderland, Sikkim is nestled in the foothills of the eastern Himalayas and nature has gifted this state with unique beauty. The state is bestowed with a greater variety of vegetation and undisturbed valleys, five climatic zones, total sanitation, peaceful environment, hospitable and humble people and a rich cultural heritage – which is unmatched and would be hard to find anywhere else. Among its mountains is the fabulous Kanchenjunga is the third highest mountain in the world. Sikkim is also the least populous state in the Indian union. Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim is situated at a height of over five thousand feet above sea level.
ARRIVAL IXB BAGDOGRA AIRPORT /NJP RAILWAY STATION – GANGTOK TRANSFER
On arrival at IXB Bagdogra Airport you will be received by our office executive who will assist you to board your vehicle to Gangtok (125 Kms / 4 -5 Hrs). Upon arrival proceed to the hotel for check-in; the evening is free for leisure.Overnight stay at Gangtok.
TSONGMO LAKE & BABA MANDIR EXCURSION
A day excursion to Tsongmo Lake - situated at a height of 3,780 Mts. with an average depth of 50 ft. & Baba Mandir - The shrine maid in memory of sepoy Harbahajan Singh, Back to Gangtok. Evening free. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
In case Tsongmo Lake is closed due to any circumstances, we will provide other sightseeings.
Optional Tour (Additional Cost per car ): NATHULA pass : Indo-china Tibet Border(14,140 ft). Nathu La is located on the 563 km (350 mi) Old Silk Route, an offshoot of the historic Silk Road. Nathu La Tour can be arranged on advance notification followed by Extra Charge (please check the NOTE given below), only if the permit is allowed.- (Small Car Not Allowed) (Monday & Tuesday Closed) – once the permit is issued the amount is non-refundable whatsoever.
Regarding Nathula Pass:
- Nathu La is an excursion from Gangtok and is located above Tsongmo Lake.
- This is a restricted area and special permits are required to visit the same. Permits are granted only between Wednesday and Sunday and can be cancelled anytime for security or weather conditions.
- Very limited numbers of vehicles are granted permits for Nathu La therefore the same are subject to availability and are never guaranteed in advance. The permits are applied only 01 day prior to the date of travel.
- The Supplement cost for Nathu La will be Rs.5000/- for per vehicle (this cost includes vehicle and individual permits)
- Documents – We need the full names, ages and gender of the passengers 02days prior to the date of travel (by mail or sms).
- Copies of valid Indian Photo ID address proof (Voter ID or valid Indian Passport or Driving License ) and passport size photos will be collected 01 day prior to the date of travel from the guests directly on tour. Nathula Pass are subject to availability of permits.
- Please do not carry Aadhaar or Pan card, both are not acceptable in any kind of verification.
- NATHULA PASS WILL BE ON CLUBING BASIS, DUE TO LIMITED PASSES ISSUED BY THE GOVERNMENT.
GANGTOK FULL DAY SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast you will be taken for sightseeing which includes: Handicraft and Handloom, Flower show, Ganesh tok and Tashi view point, Gonjang Monastery, Bakthang Waterfalls, Do Drol Chorten, Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, Enchey Monastery, Ropeway, (Outer View), Hanuman Tok. Night stay at Gangtok.
GANGTOK TO PELLING TRANSFER
After breakfast drive towards to Pelling, Overnight stay at Pelling.
PELLING LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast at hotel – Drive for Full Day Sight Seeing which includes Pemayangtse Monastery, Rimbi Water Falls, and Kanchenjunga falls, Khecheopalri Lake, Darap Village, Rabtanse Ruins, New Helipad & Kanchenjunga view Tower. - Over Night stay at Pelling.
PELLING TO DARJEELING TRANSFER
After breakfast at the hotel – transfer to Darjeeling (72KM / 03 HRS). Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
DARJEELING LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
Early morning visit Tiger Hill to see a beautiful sunrise and Himalayan Range like Kanchandzonga, Mount Everest etc. One can see the horizon changing colors just before sunrise and then the entire Himalayan range turns golden. It is truly a majestic sight and Ghoom Monastery which is the oldest Monastery in the area which was built in 1875 and one can see the image of Mythey Buddha 15ft. height on the way back from Tiger Hill. Breakfast at the hotel and proceed for a city tour visiting Himalayan Mountaineering Institute(closed on Thursday) which was started by Tenzing Norgay after he climbed Mt. Everest, Zoological Park(closed on Thursday), Tibetan Refugee Centre(closed on Sunday), Tenzing Rock, Gombu Rock, Tea Estate(from outside),Japanese Temple and Peace Pagoda. Overnight stay at the hotel. For Tiger hill we need to take a token one day before since limited vehicles are allowed to go to Tiger hill.
DARJEELING TO IXB / NJP DROP
After breakfast you will be transferred to Bagdogra Airport / NJP Station for your onward journey. As you go home let the everlasting memory of the radiant Himalayas and this beautiful serene place linger in your mind and prompt you now and again to revisit this place.